Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I tried this awhile ago but the connection was dropped.

Customer Question

Hi I tried this awhile ago but the connection was dropped. Today my bank put a hold on my checkcard because they said my email password ***** have been compromised (I called them, I'm sure it's them - Chase bank). They told me I had to change my email password (Thunderbird) then run a virus scan, then call them back to reactivate the account. I looked up instructions for how to do this online, removed my two old passwords and created a new one for incoming, but still cannot download new message; I get this error message instead: "Sending of password ***** user***@******.*** did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password." And cannot send a message either. I have chosen to save the password ***** "Manage Passwords;" but regardless of what I try I get no email (in or out) and keep getting the same error messages, although I can see the new incoming password ***** Account Options (or whatever). I cannot use my bank card to pay my cell phone here, so cannot make a call; but I could probaby use Paypal to pay you. I have now lost 1.5 hours on this today and am in desperate state; could call you on hotel phone if you would please, please provide a number. I will pay; just need help now!
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Well, I'm using Thunderbird, I guess the service provider is yahoo (att)? I tried looking up my email on the browser but of course it tells me I'm using the wrong password; and since I cannot receive an email, I cannot get it reset!
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything listed above. My email was working fine before I created this problem by trying to change my password.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it, thanks!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess