sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

Just renewed my account. When does PCmatic give my computer

Customer Question

Just renewed my account. When does PCmatic give my computer a physical and speed it up and do away with ads and unncessary files? I would like for someone to call me and tell me the procedure pcmatic takes to automatically upgrade faults and files on my computer. Please call me. Bill Sneed, USN (Ret) DAV (###) ###-####
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: mostly phone, then I check my computer often
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: CCCleaner program on my desktop. It deletes most files, but at about 95% it takes over 3 hrs to trash the rest of the unwanted files and such
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is pcmatic working on my computer at this moment?
Category: Email
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

I am working with computers since 2000 and till now, I have not seen a single program, which can cure every problem of a PC with a single click, because it is not possible at all. PC problems are created by various reasons and no program can solve all the problem. Every problem have a separate cure and most of the cures are free, if the user knows, how to use them. Not only you but unfortunately, most of the end customers are getting scammed by the TV ads for this program. PC Matic is software which claims to be an optimizing tool with registry cleaning capability (click the Features tab) that purports to improve performance, make repairs, enhance the speed of a computer, remove viruses and prevent malware infections. PC Matic does not come with typical anti-virus protection which can find and remove malware as the TV advertisements indicate. The Overview tab says it provide protection against threats by utilizing a "white list" that only allows trusted applications to run. If you read the information under the Features tab on the vendor's website it only says the product protects against modern security threats...and it doesn't specifically say how. They also fail to tell customers that their product has high false positive rates. If you are willing to dig around the PC Matic web site, you eventually will find information about Super Shield, the proprietary real-time technology component to PC Matic. That page also goes into a little more detail about their use of a "white list" (good list) approach in addition to a "black list". Not mentioned for some reason is the company's use and explanation of it's heuristic and behavioral detection technology.

PC Pitstop is the actual company which makes PC Matic..."a collection of all of PC Pitstop's technologies under one hood and one integrated architecture" as they describe it. PC Pitstop is a member of the Microsoft Virus Initiative, the Microsoft Virus Information Alliance, ICSA Labs (a Verizon company), the Anti-Virus Product Developers Consortium, and their product is tested with Virus Bulletin. PC Pitstop was founded in November 1999 by Rob Cheng (the CEO in the PC Matic commercials) and introduced its first optimization software called Optimize in 2004.

The optimization and performance improvement claims made by such software vendors are borderline scams. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are a marketing ploy intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potentially dangerous product. I would not trust any results the program detects as problematic or needing repair nor recommend using the options to fix them. I also would not trust any detection alerts for viruses or other malware.

If you wish then, I can directly connect to your PC and help you to solve your problem. Please let me know, what you want to do and please try to recover the money, which you have paid for that program.