Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I put in the wrong password several times and got locked

Customer Question
I put in the wrong...
I put in the wrong password ***** times and got locked out. Another e-email and telephone number that was on record with hotmail is no longer available to me because it was from my previous employer
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: I got locked out probably in July or August
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: All three. Most frequently with laptop and telephone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have contacted hotmail via email but can
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/7/2016
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what is the exact message you get when you try to sign into your account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your security is important to us
Recently, we received several requests to gain access to***@******.***. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership using the information that was provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and our careful account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity.Now what?
Because there have been multiple unsuccessful recovery attempts for this account, we recommend at this point that you create a new account. It's quick and easy, and we have tools to help you import contacts, connect with Facebook, and even receive messages from multiple email accounts.> Open a new accountWith a new account, you’ll be able to use the following services across all of your devices:Best-in-class email with unlimited storage at lightning speed and serious security.
Stay connected with friends and family, see social updates and chat with Facebook friends, and make ordinary moments memorable with video calls.
Free online storage for thousands of docs and photos, shared your way.
Don’t get locked out again
Once you create a new account, we highly recommend you update your password ***** information with a phone number or alternate email address. This will make it easier for you to gain access to your account in the future if you are locked out again.> Open a new accountThank youMicrosoft Support TeamMicrosoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
need account page

Thanks,

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account, this is what they are telling you.

It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now do I owe you $39 for this

This is up to you of course as the customer, I can only provide you a correct and honest answer to your question and offer to help you with any follow up questions that you may have.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't mind paying the $5 deposit but I don't think its worth $39 to learn what they told me a month ago is something i cannot change

ok, you would need to contact customer service please for all payment questions, I am only an engineer here, please contact them on

***@******.***

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

thanks

Richard, Email Systems Specialist