Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I received a message that someone else may be trying to use

Customer Question

I received a message that someone else may be trying to use my Hotmail email. would not allow me to log in. It was my only email account and everything including medication refill and bank notices go there. I set up a new outlook account so I could receive a code to reopen my hot mail account and now the out look has taken over and I can't even get to my hot mail sign in to fix it.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: it has been 3 or 4 days now.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web brpwser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried the online fix that Hotmail suggested so many times that they told me I had to wait 24 hours. I am 69 years old and don't do computers well.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue/ It will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.