Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I allowed my wife to use my email and now when I log on to

Customer Question
outlook it only goes to...
I allowed my wife to use my email and now when I log on to outlook it only goes to her email account. How do I swith i back?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: she used my computer for 6 days while hers was unavailable. Now I can't access my email.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my laptop daily
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried to go to***@******.*** but it only brings up my wife. I know there is somewhere to switch it back and it wasn't all that difficult when we did this last year. I thought it was in firefox settings
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really - just how do I do it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/6/2016
Email technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I am currently writing you an answer and will send it to you in a few minutes. You may ignore the pop-up about a secure remote assistance in case you see it.

Here is what to do:

You don't need to worry about this problem since it can be easily saved. Your web browser saved the sign in of your wife's e-mail account, so every time you go to the Outlook.com web page, the account page gets automatically opened.

To get back into your e-mail account, you first need to sign out of your wife's account. To do that, go to the Outlook.com web page and once you see your wife's account page, click on her account picture or name displayed in the upper right corner, and then click on Sign out.

You will then be signed out of her e-mail account. Your web browser may then show you her e-mail address, but you can then just delete it and type yours. Type your e-mail account password ***** asked and sign in.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I go to the profile uppper right corner there are left and right arrows and a recyle arrow and a star.
under that there is
save page as...
save to pocket
select all
view page soure
view page info
inspect element there is no "sign out"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want you remotely in to my computer

OK - those are your web browser (Firefox) buttons. Look a bit below those buttons and you will see several icons - the one that looks like a cloud, then a bell icon, then a screw icon, then a question mark icon and then a picture of the e-mail account (or it may just say your wife's name). Click on that picture and you will see the Sign out option.

Were you able to locate it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want your texts. Leave me along with TEXTS! If you can't answer me here then don't bother me and don't charge me. My phone keeps dinging that you keep texting even after I initially told you, I DONT TEXT!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I most definitely am more frustrated. Please consider me "unsatisfied" as nothing you have provided works.

Since you cannot follow my instructions, I will now send you a picture so that you can see where to look. Hold on.

Hello again!

Let me know if you received my picture?

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist