Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have recently been in hospital for 6 weeks and when I

Customer Question

I have recently been in hospital for 6 weeks and when I tried to go into emails after this length of time I must have missed the message that asked for identification consequently google.com/blocked gmail
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: since the 2.11.16
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have never had to do any of these because I just go into gmail and it automatically comes up
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not being extremely computer literate I am not sure where to startr
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Does it ask for your gmail email password?
Can you please confirm your full email address?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Expert:  Kelly Scriven replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to offer my assistance with your gmail.

When logging into gmail, are you putting in your full email address as the user name?

When you set up your gmail account, did you set up any recovery settings, in case you cannot get into your email account? Usually, it would prompt you to set up a phone number to receive a text or phone call to provide a recovery link. You should have also set up an alternate email address for the same reason.

Please verify your email address for me so I can start troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks!