Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Downloaded aol shield and lost all my emails plus cant

Customer Question

downloaded aol shield and lost all my emails plus cant receive email
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: today
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: system restore
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Brad, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your Windows 10 computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sure
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for sending the request. However, there was an error from your end when I tried to accept it. Please give me a few minutes to try accepting it again to see if the error is gone

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

I cannot see anymore the request that you sent. So now I will send the same offer, so that you can accept it from your end. See if the error is gone this time. If the error persists, it can mean that your bank is blocking the transaction.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried it would not accept any password
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Please try to accept the offer, I believe there is a button to click in order to accept the offer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it was not at my end yours would not accept a password
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Are you chatting with me right now using your computer? Please scroll up or down on the chat screen to see the offer and accept it.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

I can see that there is still an error from your end when accepting my offer. This is because your bank could have been blocking the transaction. Please try to call your bank to confirm to them that you are indeed doing this transaction and then try accepting my offer again.

Best regards,

Jess