Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I'm not able to access hotmail at all today on any of my

Customer Question

I'm not able to access hotmail at all today on any of my devices and for the past few weeks it's been freezing and slow to respond.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: For a few weeks now but this is the 3rd time I've been completely unable to access it.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my laptop through Firefox or IE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't get it to come up at all. All I get is "page not available".
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I can access it I have to wait as much as 10 minutes for it to unfreeze and when I delete or move messages it takes forever for them to move.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want to join and I don't want you to access my machine.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The problem is NOT with my device. The problem is with Hotmail.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I cancel this. It's obvious you aren't going to help me unless I let you access my machine which I will NOT do,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why don't you respond?
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

I dont have to have access to your machine. But I do have to have time to read, and then consider and type a response.

And each time you message I have to stop typing and check what you said to see if you relayed any needed info.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how long will this take. It's already been over half an hour. I see from further research that it's evidently a Microsoft problem, and not one with our machines. MANY people are having this same problem. All I wanted to know was if it was them or me. It's obviously them. Can't believe you have charged me $42 for nothing.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

This link will help you contact customer service, or request a refund. We arent microsoft, hence why we do charge for the support we provide.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/143

Dustin S