Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I lost my phone but i changed numbers i also uppdated them

Customer Question
in both my microsoft accounts...
i lost my phone but i changed numbers i also uppdated them in both my microsoft accounts now even though i answered the credit card info and most other questions right they cant verify me but the other microsoft account has or i have changed the password ***** times they are screwed up i cant change my password ***** forgot
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: just the recovery people they send forms to fill out i cant seem to get live help
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: both my pc the most
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything that outlook support has thrown
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all i have
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/4/2016
Email technician: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago
Bruce Wilner

I'm afraid that--if you can't answer your security questions or provide the correct recovery phone--you're strictly out of luck.

These mechanisms are in place for your protection. If you're going to bat .500 or less on the vendor's attempts to verify you, would YOU reactivate the account if you were in the vendor's shoes?

Offhand, it sounds like the account is sufficiently stale that it won't be a major inconvenience for you to write it off and establish a new one. This time, please read the account conditions VERY CAREFULLY (I know most people don't: they just check the box and say, "Yeah, whatever") and choose security questions that you can answer and phones that you won't disable or misplace. BTW, a misplaced phone can READILY be replaced, and the new phone attached to the original phone number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i answered them all right but one
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont have the money to misplace phones nor the patients for this crap
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what a hoax
Email technician: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago

1. This is not a hoax.

2. Remarkably, technically challenged users who DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY'RE HEARING--even when it's the Lord's truth--traditionally suspect a HOAX.

3. We recently won $25 million in funding from Mr. Charles Schwab--the man himself, not even the company. I dare say that such captains of industry perform their "due diligence" checks before throwing money around. We maintain A+ ratings with BBB and other cognizant ratings councils.

4. The advice still applies. If you cannot remember your security questions and/or maintain a working telephone, you will encounter problems with e-mail accounts. This is for YOUR protection. The ISPs are being reasonably patient, and even more so. They have zero LEGAL OBLIGATION to provide you with e-mail services, and all they require from YOU is a permanent phone number and a handful of Q&A THAT YOU CHOSE.

Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner