Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My emails keep reloading from my verizon account, verizon

Customer Question

My emails keep reloading from my verizon account
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: verizon email and they are loaded into window live mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: my computer desk top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: verified the settings, making sure only one account is linked
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have to go into verizon and delete all the emails so they do no keep loading into windows live
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you saying that your Windows Live Mail is downloading your emails multiple times making several duplicate emails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to go into verizon and delete them from there so they don't keep loading in windows live mail.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
10
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello r u there
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Can you please check how your email account is setup in your Windows Live Mail? Is it a POP account?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Have you seen my last reply? Please check your email account setup in your Windows Live Mail to see and confirm if it is a POP or POP3 account. Also, please try to access your verizon account using a web browser, to see if ALL of your emails are intact there in the webmail

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
POP3
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The problem seems to be with windows live mail only my verizon emails are all there once they load into windows live mail i have to go into verizon to delete them so they do not keep reloading into Windows live mail.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am doing the chat on a different computer. Can you walk me through the fix
or call
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Every 10 minutes Windows re downloads all the emails from verizon.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. But I can walk you though on the process.

First, Windows Live Mail has issues with POP accounts especially if the amount of emails downloaded is considerably huge or many, or when the email account was removed and then added back.

To solve this problem, you need to delete the email account (the verizon account) from your Windows Live Mail (WLM).

After deleting it, close WLM, open it again, then add the verizon account as an IMAP account.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
why didnt you tell me if i delete the account from windows live mail i would lose all my EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST LOST ALL THE SAVED EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET THEM BACK???????????????????
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

That was why I asked you to confirm that ALL the emails you are seeing in your Windows Live Mail are still INTACT in the webmail

Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

When you add the email account as IMAP, what you see in the webmail, you will also see in Windows Live Mail

Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Are you saying that you have emails SAVED locally? That is, emails that you only see in Windows Live Mail, and NOT on the webmail?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I EXPLAINED TO YOU THAT I HAVE TO DELETE THEM FROM THE VERIZON ACCOUNT SO THEY DON'T KEEP LOADING INTO WINDOWS LIVE MAIL BUT WHEN I DELETED THE ACCOUNT IT ALSO TOOK ALL THE FOLDERS AND SAVED EMAILS YOU DID NOT ASK ME THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Please confirm:

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NOW EVERYTHING IS GONE
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Well, they are gone when you deleted the email account from Windows Live Mail.

Your only option to recovery them, is to try to ADD the POP3 account back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HOW DO I RECOVER THEM
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DID AND NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry if I was not clear with that, but the preliminary questions were leading to conclude that what you are seeing in WLM are what you are also seeing in the webmail. I asked you that for this reason -- the emails will be removed when the account it removed.

Also, when deleting the email account, there is a prompt warning about what happens

Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Please give it a few minutes for WLM to rebuild the profile after adding exactly your POP3 account. See if the emails and email folders reappear.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU PRELIMINARY QUESTIONS WERE ASKING AND YOU KNOW IT THERE WAS NOT MENTION OF "ARE YOU EMAILS SAVED BECAUSE THIS WILL DELETE THEM " NEVER ONCE DID YOU IMPLY THAT I COULD LOSE MY INFORMATION. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE THIS IS A BUSINESS ACCOUNT AND I LOST SOME VERY IMPORTANT DATA BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY IN MAKING SURE MY INFORMATION WAS PROTECTED.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
YOU DID NOT ASK ABOUT ALL OF MY PAST FOLDERS AND EMAILS THAT WERE ONLY IN LIVE MAIL..
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

What happened when you delete the account? Did you NOT get any warning prompt about what will happen? WLM gives a pop up warning the user about what happens when you delete the account. I have done it several times.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
YOU CANT TELL ME AFTER THE FACT THAT THE EMAILS WILL BE DELETED. WHAT KIND OF TECH ARE YOU, I WAS DEPENDING ON YOU , THE EXPERT , TO MAKE SURE MY INFORMATION WAS PROTECTED.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry if I missed telling you that. I was on the idea that Windows Live Mail will do that for you. So are you saying that when you deleted the account, you DID NOT get any warning prompt?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO WARNING PROMPT
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DID WHAT YOU SAID TO DO
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Ok, what is the situation of your WLM now? Is it downloading tons of your emails?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
IS THERE ANYWAY TO GO BACK TO RESTORE MY COMPUTER TO WHAT IS WAS THIS MORNING?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Again, you are not answering my question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DO NOT HAVE TONS OF EMAILS ANYMORE THANKS TO YOU!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DOES THAT ANSWER YOU STUPID QUESTION
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DID NOT DO THE IMAP BECAUSE I NEED TO GET THE OLD FILES BACK
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AGAIN YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

That is not a stupid question. That is leading to the next procedures to recover your missing emails

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK NOW WHAT
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
for the 15 emails that are loading in , I get the same them loaded in every 20 minutes.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Please close WLM

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
closed
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

1. You will first need to select the Show hidden files option so that you can find the folders where the missing emails could be stored. Follow steps below:

a. Open Windows Explorer and click Organize / Folder and search options. Click the View Tab.

b. Place a check mark in the Show Hidden files, folders and drives option.

Click Apply/OK.

c. Close and restart Windows Explorer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is file explorer what i am to open
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok next step
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

2. Open the WLM Store folder.

a. Navigate to the following folder.

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

"your name" here represents your Windows username

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok at the windows live mail folder
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Please make a COPY of that Windows Live Mail folder, put the copy on your Desktop screen

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
next
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Now, please go back to the Windows Live Mail folder in its original location. I mean using File Explorer.

The next step is, right-click on that Windows Live Mail folder, and in the context menu that appears, click on Properties.

Then click on the Previous Versions tab.

After the list populates, select a version of the folder with a date and time prior to when the folders were deleted.

Click the Copy Button. In the Copy dialog box, select the Desktop as the location to place the copied folder, or in My Documents. Just DO NOT forget where you placed the copy.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there are no previous versions available
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Ok, please open the Windows Live Mail folder and tell me the few folders inside it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
backup, calendars, compact, outbox, proof, sentinel, storage folders, verizon(tr21a, verizon (trbbb, WLMDSS.tmp, your feeds
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Please tell me the size of the Windows Live Mail folder. Right click on it then click Properties. There you will see the size

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
205MB contains 239 files and 37 folders
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
attributes are read only
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Too small to contain the missing emails. Anyhow, please right lick on it, then click "Restore previous versions". Then tell me what happens

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there are none
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

What happened? It showed you a list which contains nothing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it says there are no previous versions available
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Please open that Windows Live Mail folder in File Manager. Then in the address bar that shows the path of the folder, click the mouse there and then copy the full path. Then paste it here so that I can tell if you are viewing the right folder.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
file manager or file explorer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

File explorer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
C:\Users\Back Office\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

It appears you are in the correct folder and the emails are no longer recoverable since they were not stored in previous version.

There are 3 things that you can do to recover them, but these do not guarantee recovery of the emails 100%.

First, is to uninstall Windows Live Mail, and then Reinstall

Second, is to perform a System Restore to roll back setting to prior date

Third, is to perform a scan of your entire hard disk drive for deleted emails

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I scan the computer for deleted emails
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

You need to install a software to do that.

Here is the link:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Just download the free version. Install and run a though scan for emails only, not for ALL deleted files. The wizard will assist you with that

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do you restore the computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
system restore
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Did you do the scan? Anyhow, I can just give you the procedures for the 3 options you have, and you can follow then to try to recover the missing emails. Recuva scan has been given already, so the next procedures will be for system restore and uninstall-reinstall.

A. How to do system restore

1. Open File Explorer
  2. Locate "This PC" listed on the left panel. Right click on it, then click Properties
  3. In the left panel, click on System protection
  4. Under System Restore group, click System Restore button
  5. In the list of restore points, select the one dated back before you deleted the email account on WLM
  6. Follow the rest of the on screen procedures

B. Uninstall-Reintall

1. Windows Live Mail is part of Windows Essentials. Go to Control Panel then open Programs and Features
  2. Locate Windows Essentials 2012 or Windows Essentials in the list
  3. Click on it, then click on Uninstall/Change
  4. In the options that appear, select "Remove one or more Windows Essentials program"
  5. Then select Windows Live Mail
  6. Then click Uninstall. This will remove Windows Live Mail
  7. Then download the installer to reinstall. Go to this link:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=255475
  8. After downloading, run it to start the installation
  9. Then in the list, only select Windows Live Mail since it is the only one needed to be reinstalled
  10. Then follow the rest of the on screen procedures
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we are running a system restore
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that did not work
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we are running the email link that you sent now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Are you referring to the scan for deleted emails? Please take your time