Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My old gmail account is, I have had some computer problems

Customer Question

My old gmail account is***@******.***, I have had some computer problems and the IT person has lost my gmail account and I need to restore it can you please help.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 2 going on 3 weeks since the IT tech installed my new printer to this computer
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I always have accessed gmail from my face book page, but the IT person managed to lose that also and I have since got it back but no gmail access from there. I am over 70years old and not very computer literate.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None so far as I don't really know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Notthing I can think of at the momeny
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you try to access your Gmail account, what is the exact message you now get when it fails?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Richard my gmail account does not seem to come up and I don't where to look for it I tried to reset my password ***** gmail said that they would send me a new password ***** email but I am unable to access it
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, you will need to actually type it in

Go to www.gmail.com

Click add account, enter your gmail address, then next then your password ***** sign in

Let me know the results please.