Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I would like to report a fraud purchase made with my debit

Customer Question

I would like to report a fraud purchase made with my debit card for Google playtika ltd. On October 30th 2016. How do I report it? I don't have a Google email addresss.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I don't have a Google one.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: via Hotmail account
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What do you mean? Are you an app or a live person?
JA: No. I'm the email technician's Assistant.
Customer: Can you help me with this fraud purchase?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using an Android phone? If yes, please check if you have installed some games or betting apps recently that could have caused that charge or your card. If there is, please remove that app immediately to stop further charges in the future.

Also, if you can confirm that you have not installed Android phone apps on your phone recently, then this charge could be a fraud and I highly recommend contacting your BANK immediately to dispute the charge. The bank will then advise if you need to cancel the card and get a new one since if a scammer was able to get hold on your card data to make this fraudulent transaction, the same scammer can do it again if you continue to use your card.

So your best solution here is to contact your bank immediately to dispute the charges and to secure your card and bank account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess