Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I want to save my email messages so I can put them in a

Customer Question
file. If I save all...
I want to save my email messages so I can put them in a file. If I save all it will not allow me to Save As. Can you guide me?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Microsoft office mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone or laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, Someone in the office has mac mail and suggested a way to save them but the application didn't work
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that is it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
10/31/2016
Email technician: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Are you on Windows or on a Mac? In general, Outlook (I guess you mean that with "Microsoft Office Mail") saves all emails in a big PST or OST file on your hard drive already. May I ask what exactly you are trying to do? There are tools that can export the emails from there to different formats for usage with other email programs. But what format would you need exactly?

If you wish, we can also connect remotely and look into it at your machine, so that I can show you these things.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Through the process of an entire transaction I need to have to be able to supply all emails during that transaction. Depending on the transaction there could be 300 + emails. I need to put them into one file. Or save them to a PDF.

So you need them in a visual format rather than in a format that is readable by another email program, do I understand that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Thank you

"No Thank you" in relation to what? I don´t understand.

You said "save them to a PDF", that is what I meant with "visual format". Please try to explain what exact format you will need them to be in and we can get this solved with the right converter software.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, yes that is correct. With the Mac program I referenced, you could hit mark all, Save As to desktop of document and then change to a PDF through Adobe or whoever. This will not allow me to Save As and I was hoping there was an easy way to do that.

Thank you. So you basically want to export a selected amount of emails into a huge PDF, that holds all these emails after each other - it would be OK if the PDF would be (just as an example) 400 sites in size?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that would be fine.

OK, give me just a bit of time, I need to research on this, I will get back to you as soon as I have found something good for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

I am fully on it. A little question: it would not be enough if you could print each email, one by one, into a PDF file, right?

I have found a solution for you. You will need to first buy Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can subscribe to that here:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Then install it and just follow this tutorial:

https://www.agnesscott.edu/its/files/documents/How%20to%20save%20a%20folder%20in%20your%20Outlook%20Mailbox%20as%20a%20PDF%20directory.pdf

It shows you how to save your inbox as a huge PDF file. You can do that for each single email or a selected bunch of emails as well that way.

Please let me know if that was helpful for you and leave a rating for me so that I can get honored for my work by JustAnswer (which only happens after a rating). Thanks so much in advance and if you have additional questions, please just reply again.

Thank you again and all the best,

Lorenz Vauck

P.S.: If you want a free solution, just let me know, I have something there as well, but it can only save each email on it´s own, not several into one PDF. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that won't really work. It would be like printing each email and that Ican do. I just wanted to consolidate tham

Yes, then you can use my first solution above, the one with Adobe Acrobat Pro, with that, you can do exactly what you want - merge many emails (or even the whole Inbox of your Outlook) into one big PDF file. Thank you very much for your rating in advance and I am here for any further requests of course,

Lorenz

Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert