How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Quiksilver07070 Your Own Question
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Category: Email
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
Type Your Email Question Here...
Quiksilver07070 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a credit on my credit card for 49.95 on 10/12/16

Customer Question

I received a credit on my credit card for 49.95 on 10/12/16 for a pair of shoes I ordered for my mother in Sept. I kept the shoes, why did I get the money back?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

It was either a clerical error......the transaction was reported or flagged as fraudulent.........the items were double charged, and one of them had to be credited back, making it look as though it was refunded.


Theres quite a few reasons why it would show this.


I suggest, if you dont suspect any of the above possibilites that you can just leave it be.

If they made a mistake.....let it be in your favor....and allow it to be as it is.


Or if you feel you must set this can call the number that appears on the credit card statement, as there is supposed to always be a number to call for any charges on your credit card.

Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Each transaction should have a corresponding 800 number to call the company customer service that charged you.

So just look for the transaction on the credit card, then look for the 800 number corresponding to that charge.

Or if you dont see a should see a compnay name.....and then look for a number searching the company name.