Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Windows Live mail is stuck when I tied to send an email via

Customer Question
my 2nd email address JA: Just...
Windows Live mail is stuck when I tied to send an email via my 2nd email address
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Comcast
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Both on my PC and my tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You are my first
JA: Thank you.
Customer: When I try to start up Windows Live Mail I get a message that it is trying to send an e-mail message but is unable to do so
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
10/29/2016
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you saying, that you have Windows Live mail now configured to two different email addresses that both belong to you?

And that attempting to use the second email address, froze up Windows Live email?

Let me know. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I use Windows Live Mail and Windows 10
I have 2 different e-mail addresses. I use mainly one address.
I reveived an e-mail today through my secundary address and when I tried to send a reply to that email,
the computer is unable to send it and will not reopen.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We can video conference via Skype

Were you logged in to the secondary address at the time?

If not, that may have caused the lockup.

Trying to use a second Windows Live Mail address for sending, may require logging in to both, or even perhaps logging out of the first and into the second before sending from the second may proceed. Authorization (which is what login provides) is important in email programs.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Video Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I login to Windows Live Mail, the only message that I get that is still trying to send that reply and nothing happens

But, which login (first address that you were already surely logged in to, or second address) were you logging in to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know. Just clicked on the mail icon

You did not see the email login name? when you logged in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, just get the window saying that it is trying to send that email and than gets stuck there

OK. You need to log out of Windows Live email altogether, I think.

Then log in again - only, change your login email address to the second email address. That's the only way it is likely to work.

If the icon does not give you a choice of login email addresses, then you would have to log in by something other than that icon.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK will try again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried again and same a result. Just a window stating that it is still sending that email but failed to do so

Well... try logging in without using that icon. Which may well be configured to only the first email address... it cannot be configured to both email addresses.

...after logging out, first, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am logged out of Windows Live Mail and when I try to open it either via the shortcut or via the start button the result is the same . Just that one window stating that it is busy with the task of sending that email but is unable to complete that task

OK. So that's still locked up.

Can you try to log in to Windows Live email, by way of Internet Explorer, instead?

If you need instructions, I'll detail how to go about that procedure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please give me instructions

Open the Internet Explorer program (the big blue 'E'.)

Enter this address

www.live.com

and proceed to log in there... if it is already logged in, choose the Sign Out option, then go to

www.live.com

again, and sign in. But enter the second email address for your login, instead of the first. And of course the password ***** the second also.

Did that work?

If so, please rate my answer - a five star rating would be appreciated!

Thanks.

(If not, then let me know how it went, please. Thanks.)

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist