Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have forgotten my google password and cannot access email

Customer Question

I have forgotten my google password ***** cannot access email from my MAC
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: MacBook Air I'm not sure how to answer the operating system question
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: If I am on my MAC I use a web Browser. Safari I can access email on my iPhone but I need to access is on my MAC
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't get past trying to remember the password. Google doesn't give me option to change it
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Had you ever successfully logged in to google / gmail on your mac?

If so, I can connect to your mac from here and go through your stored password ***** and help you find the original password ***** else help you change the password.

I am sending you an offer for the screen sharing session now, If youd like to try that accept the offer. Otherwise, tell me you only want written support and we can try to work through the issue via written support.

Dustin S