Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have added the gmail app to my wife's iPad. when i look at

Customer Question

i have added the gmail app to my wife's iPad. when i look at the email in the gmail account i cannot see the folder or emails i placed in the folders. same is true when i log onto gmail in safari on my wife's iPad, rather than using the gmail app. How can i view the folders and email in the folders? (i am able to view folders and emails in folders when i look at email on my own iPhone.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: just added gmail app to my wife's iPad just now - and just now tried as an alternative viewing gmail vial safari.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on phone or on my own computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried calling google (as an older guy i prefer phone call) but could not access because i did not know my PIN or where to access a PIN. Might you help me connect with gmail support via phone. i am much more comfortable.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You need to use iMap for this as that shows the folders and you can't set up imap by using the gmail option to set up a new account.

Just select 'Other' under add new account when adding it and fill in your gmail details.

Once done, you should then see the folders.

Let me know please how you go.