Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am not able to log in to my gmail account. I cannot reset

Customer Question

I am not able to log in to my gmail account. I cannot reset my password ***** it is tied to an old cell number so I cannot get the verification code. I tried using the alternate verification with another valid email address and I get the message that Google cannot verify the email account owner. The other email I used is also a gmail email account that is me. How can I log into my gmail account?
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Hello I am sorry to hear the trouble. It seems you have tried a few ways given ways to get your account back. Does your workable Gmail account have any relation with the password-missing one? e.g. Did they talk to each other before?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The recoverable email account on the working one is the one with the problem. And it works on the recovery on the working account. Again, I can retrieve my emails on my smartphone. I cannot on my laptop or from a browser.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ideally, I need a way to update my account cell phone number for this email account.
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Okay. As your mobile still has the access to the email box, probably we try something different. Do you mind to tell me your email address and let me do it from my side per the info you provide? I guess it is cheaper than requesting a remote assistance session for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you need my cell phone to enter?
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Okay, let me try.

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

What do you answer if Google asks a secure question "first pet"?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
frosty
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Passed! When did you create this Google account? Year and month?

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No idea. You are doing what I have already tried. You will ask for a different question and then I put in an alternate email. Gmail will then say it cannot verify the email address.
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Correct. But Google is asking for a "special" address, which talked to the lost account before. Do you have an email address that meets this rule and accessible now?

> Enter an email address you can check now. It helps if you use an email you’ve already added to this account.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do. I already did this! I entered another valid email I have which is gmail and they send the verification code to me. I then entered the code and it says it cannot verify the account and it fails. You are doing the same thing I have done. This will not fix my problem. I need a technical solution. This is not helping my me. I need a fix to access the account. What you are doing is not fixing this.
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Okay, I opt out and let other experts step in to help you. Good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the next step?
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you in your issue.

Can you tell me if you still have the computer you logged into before successfully with your gmail?

I understand these things may be frustrating and seem repetitious, but options change as we choose

different recovery choices. I am sending you a remote support offer for as low as i can that they system

allows. If you would like, when you get time? We can go thru together as your computer may have it 'stored'

somewhere. We will exhaust all options.