Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have windows 10 on this laptop and for the past several

Customer Question

I have windows 10 on this laptop and for the past several weeks have not been able to open mail getting response "can't open this window" Ihave windows 7 on my desk top and have no problems there.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell inspiron 15 - aol
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: thru web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: knowledgable family member tried, and aol took over this laptop and couldn't fix it he recommendedd i go to my internet provider
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you. Could you please provide the following details.

Are you using AOL desktop software or web browser (Internet explorer,Chrome,Firefox) or email application like MS outlook,windows live mail to open AOL email ?

Thank you,

If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Please answer my above question so that i can help you better.

Please reply using the box below

Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Please reply using the box below

Thank you.

Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

> to open mail getting response "can't open this window"

Do you mean you get this message when open mails using web browser? Or any email program accessing your AOL emails?