Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

My Outlook mail will not work with MAC OS Sierra. It freezes

Customer Question

My Outlook mail will not work with MAC OS Sierra. It freezes up and I have to force close it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

This has been an acknowledged compatibility glitch with Outlook 2016 and MAC OS X Sierra; to get around this issue, please do this now:

Click on the Apple menu button at the top-left corner of your screen, and then click "System Preferences".

Next, click "Network", and then select the network service you use in the list, for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Next, click "Advanced", and then click "Proxies".

Finally, UNCHECK both the "Auto Proxy Discovery" and the "Automatic Proxy Configuration" option, if checked. Click OK.

Done that, re-open Outlook - does it work all right this time?

Do keep me posted. If you need more help or if the issue is still not resolved, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to click on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your procedure did not work, please try again.
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

HI, my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today. Is outlook the only program that is crashing

on your mac?

Is this an microsoft office outlook or are you using mac mail to filter the outlook?

This will take some work, so bare with me and i will find a solution with troubleshooting.