Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I minimized my an email that i was composing and i lost 3/4

Customer Question

I minimized my an email that i was composing and i lost 3/4 of important information that i need to send out immediately, is there any way that i can retrieve it
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried updating the gmail app i have also refreshed the gmail on my computer and phone
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's all
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you go to the Drafts email, do you see the email there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The email is there as a draft but 3/4 of it is not there
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, this was all that was saved sorry, it is the only place where the content would be.

It never got to write any further part of it to the draft.

I advise to best write the email first into a program such as word or any program that saves a document to the memory then when you are ready, copy the text to the draft.

It is a much more safer way to avoid losing content

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no other way to retrieve it? Not even if you remotely connect to my device?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No sorry, the data never existed anywhere but in the ram and when it was lost it gets flushed out, the only data stored on proper memory is what you see in the draft sorry.

I would not want you to spend anymore on a remote as it will not change this fact.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oh no! i cant believe this, thank you for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry but please use the solution I advised of typing them first into a document and then copying the text to email to avoid this in the future.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you