bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

People who are normally able to edit my Outlook calendar are

Customer Question

people who are normally able to edit my Outlook calendar are experiencing issues, they are unable to edit they are only able to see my calendar in read-only. I also tried deleting permissions from my calendar and the error message says that Outlook is currently performing maintenance works - can you enlighten me on this. thanks
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: since last Tuesday
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Personally I access my email through phone and web browser but my volunteers use many different devices to access my calendar
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried inviting them to use my calendar again but as mentioned an error message appears about outlook are currently maintaining outlook.com
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
people who are normally able to edit my Outlook calendar are experiencing issues, they are unable to edit they are only able to see my calendar in read-only. I also tried deleting permissions from my calendar and the error message says that Outlook is currently performing maintenance works - canyou enlighten me on this. thanks
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

> as mentioned an error message appears about outlook are currently maintaining outlook.com

Can you please post a screenshot telling the original, exact error message you saw?

Also please clarify which Outlook Calendar are you referring to? The Calendar of Outlook application, a part of Microsoft Office? Or, the calendar of outlook.com, the Microsoft email services online.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The calendar of outlook.com
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The screenshot is not able to be uploaded - the exact words are (when I try to delete permissions or add a person to permissions) "We're upgrading Outlook.com. This action is temporarily unavailable."
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

OK. Thanks for the info.

Just tied doing the same thing my side, the page just shows "loading..." and stay there. FYI - I am also from Australia. It looks like some of kind of maintenance is undergoing there. :(

Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

FYI - The calendar server I accessed was blow. How about yours?

https://bay03.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx

Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Is this the screen you are seeing? If yes, nothing you can do now, just wait and until MS finish the upgrade for all outlook.com accounts.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have any idea how long this will take?
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, I don't know. I checked MS website and didn't see they mention this upgrade. Just to confirm, if you saw the exact same message (as shown in my attachment) from your side?