Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Almost ALL MY EMAILS went to "recently deleted"----please

Customer Question
put them back to "...
Almost ALL MY EMAILS went to "recently deleted"----please put them back to " new mail". Thank you
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: AOL
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On the tablet I have-------Samsung
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Am confused , haven't tried any.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Make sure my contacts are in there too.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2016
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows

Thank you. What's the brand / model of your Windows computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Are you currently at this chat page on the Samsung tablet or on the Windows computer?

On your Windows computer, do you use the AOL Desktop program? Or do you go to the AOL.com website for accessing your email?

On your Windows computer, please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- If you use the AOL Desktop program, please try the following fix:

1. Open Recently Deleted.
  2. Click on the first message at the top.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom.
  4. Press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard while clicking on the last message at the bottom, then release.
    - This should select all messages.
  5. Then click on the Restore option at the bottom.
  6. Then click on New Mail (Inbox) and check.

Solution #2:

- If you use the AOL.com website, then please try the following fix:

1. Open Recently Deleted.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom.
    - This should select all messages.
  5. Then click on option More at the top (or option Move to).
  6. Then below the Move to option, click on New Mail (or Inbox), then check.

Solution #3:

- If that does not work, and if you use the AOL Desktop program, then please try the following:

1. Open Recently Deleted.
  3. Press and keep holding the key Shift on the keyboard, then press the key End on the keyboard, then release both keys.
    - This should select all messages.
  4. Then click on the Restore option at the bottom, then check.

Solution #4:

- If that does not work, and if you use the AOL.com website, then please try the following fix:

1. Open Recently Deleted.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom.
  3. Click on the small box in front of the item called FROM near the top.
    - This should select all messages.
  4. Then click on option More at the top (or option Move to).
  5. Then below the Move to option, click on New Mail (or Inbox), then check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been about a week. Have you tried my solution(s) above? Are you stuck at any step?

Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly for you. I can also help with any other computer issue you have.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech