Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I "renewed" my Windows 10 on my Surface Pro, with the option

Customer Question

I "renewed" my Windows 10 on my Surface Pro, with the option that I only lost my software, but not my data. When I restored Thunderbird, it couldn't find my data. Can you tell me where it might be hiding?
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

So basically your question is how to restore your Thunderbird data from an old copy of Windows 10 to a new one? Is it correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I have a new copy of Thunderbird. I have to direct it to my old copy of the data.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is that called?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I don't want to spend yet another $39.00.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

> I have a new copy of Thunderbird. I have to direct it to my old copy of the data. What is that called?

It is called Import, in Mozilla's terminology. They have a knowledge base article for this. Please read and confirm if it is something you want to do.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_folders

> No, I don't want to spend yet another $39.00.

I don't know where your $39 topic is from. What I know is you are paying $42 for this Q&A conversation. In my understanding you are a reasonably experienced user, with our Q&A assistance and reading related technical resources, you should be able fix this issue. I don't there is a need for remote assistance, which is normally priced at $39.