Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

MHi, *, my email address was hacked thursday sep 29th at

Customer Question
MHi, my name is elisabeth...
MHi, my name is elisabeth *, my email address***@******.*** was hacked thursday sep 29th at 10am. I was in the middle of writing an email when a pop up note came up saying that somebody had changed my password, and if I approved, I immediately clicked no and was then taken to a place to create a new password, but too late. I tried to recover it, I have the same phone and get a text with a 6 digit code that I enter, get back to where I enter my recovery email***@******.***, I enter it and also get a 6 digit code, but just get back to where I have to enter when I opened my account, which I don't remember, I've had it for a few years and didn't think I had to remember. Most times I try this, and enter my homail address, nothing happens.On Thursday a woman from Apple tried to help me with no success, she didn't know. My apple ID also got changed but I managed to recover it. So the automatic process does not work for me. Is it lost forever? Thank you so much!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
10/3/2016
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

I'll walk you through resetting your password ***** the Gmail account now; first off, could you let me what's your full cell phone number associated with the account?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

OK, please stand by - looking up your account now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you. I just got one and x'ed it out. I think I told you the hotmail does get the note from google one out of 10 times I try, but I never get anywhere while using it? I just don't want you to walk me through what I've already tried, thank you.

OK, please check your Hotmail account now - you should have received a NEW verification code from Google. Could you let me know what that code is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
103812

Hmm, yes - there does seem to be an issue with your Google account; I'm not able to access the recovery/reset option either for some site-related reason. Let me open up your question to our other experts now; you will be automatically notified when another expert picks this up. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for trying!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My account was definitely hacked, I was on-line when it happened so whoever did this might have changed some settings as well. But, they did not change my number or secondary email address.

OK, I'm back with further info regarding your account - we might be on to something here now. First off, could you let me know if you received yet another code on your Hotmail account now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
375062. Thank you

Hmm; still nothing I'm afraid - I assumed you used this password ***** link earlier as well:

https://accounts.google.com/ForgotPasswd

Could you go through the steps one more time using this link now, and let me know what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
many many times, but would you recommend I click "next" in the blue bar, or "find my account" below?

Please click Next - then you will be prompted to enter the last password ***** remember using, and then to enter your recovery email address to send and verify the code one more time. Let me know how it goes; I'll be here.

If you are still not able to recover the account now, it does look like your account might have gotten locked for good (Google does not offer any type of direct support for Gmail accounts) - and so our hands are completely tied here. Sorry for not being able to assist further with this; however, you may request a full refund for this question using the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund-1-2/refund.aspx

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It took me to a place where I can enter a description of what my issue is...so I'm not sure if it's locked for good, I'll see, thanks for your help anyway. Can hackers do that, close accounts? Thanks for your help!

I see, all right; if it did provide you with a page to fill in relevant details about your locked account, that's good - the Gmail support team will review the same and get in touch with you at your recovery email address itself. It might take them upto a week or so to get back to you; it seems like your account has been flagged/locked out at their end due to your account being compromised earlier, so it's unlikely that the hackers have access to your account now either.

If you were satisfied with my help so far, you may click and submit one of the stars at the top of this page; that will process the payment for this question. If not, I completely understand since your issue is not resolved yet, and in that case, you may request a full refund instead using the following link:

Thanks again!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not your fault, you were great, and I didn't really expect you to solve this for me...it's a borderline criminal activity. I did go to the page where I ask for a refund, but don't see a place to ask? Thanks again.

Hmm; if you are not seeing the "Request refund" button on that page, I'll go ahead and notify our billing department about your refund request now. Your refund will be processed back in 24-48 hours, and you will receive a confirmation email about the same; you don't need to do anything else. Thank you anyway!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** the page and did request a refund...but it's not you, I really appreciated your help, and if I do get this resolved I am happy to pay you!
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist