Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

No problem with email but I keep getting a message that says

Customer Question

No problem with email but I keep getting a message that says my computer is being infected with a worm and it freezes my screen when I use Google
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Dell and I'm running Windows 10
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: thru a web browser on a desk top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried calling Microsoft but they said the problem may lie with Google as the message doesn't pop up when I use Microsoft of Bing to browse
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, do you get this alert/message when you open up your Google Chrome browser?

May I connect remotely to troubleshoot the issue with you now?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If you are having this issue with your Google Chrome browser, please carry out the following steps to resolve the issue now:

First off, open up the following link:

https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

Click Download now, and then click Accept and Download.

When the file is downloaded, you'll see it at the bottom - click to open/run the file.

The Chrome Cleanup Tool will scan your computer, and you'll then see a list of any malicious software found. Click Remove suspicious programs.

Next, Chrome will open a new tab and ask you to reset your settings. Click Reset.

This should do it. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.