Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I cant reset my password, ive been trying for about a month

Customer Question
i cant reset my password JA...
i cant reset my password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: ive been trying for about a month now....i only used it for facebook....
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: whats a web brwser??
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: omg....if i knew that i wouldnt need your help lol....i would like to get a new pass word to***@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did go somewhere on this site and asked for help but it only said to enter the last number the techs sent me was###-##-####???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
9/29/2016
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What account are you trying to reset your password *****?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to hotmail... [email protected]
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hotmail

That email address is not recognized in the Hotmail system.

Please double check the email address

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i never used it for anything besides facebook.....i had to have my facebook password ***** and facebook sent it to hotmail...and wouldnt you know it i forgot the password ***** thast as well... now i cant get the password *****

Please double check the email address because it is not registering in the Facebook system either.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ca

Okay, thank you for clarifying that it is .ca and not .com

Do you have access to the email account st****@hotmail.ca?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no...but i have *****@******.***

Unfortunately, you cannot change the recovery email address until you have access to the account again.

The good news is that you can fill out the "Recover your account" form with Hotmail in order to recover it.

Click here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Select I forgot my password then Next

Enter your email address:***@******.***

Enter the letters that appear in the box and press Next

Select I don't have any of these and press Next

You are on the recover your account form now -- Please fill out this form. On this form, you can enter an email address that you do have access to so that they can email you.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
k... i tried that ..but like i said....i never used the email for anything so i didnt have any of the info they needed...they sent a message saying i didnt have enough info
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i found the password ********@******.***

Great!

I sent a code to that email address -- Please provide me with that code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
which one??? stars

Yes, I have sent a code to the stars account.

How is everything going? I have not heard back from you in 30 minutes. I will need the code in order to reset your password.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im trying ...but lol
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ya so ...it says its the wrong password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could you try please?.....august1991
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ready to give up and just forget about this ...gggrrrr....wish i would have been born in the ninties instead of the sixties lol

Unfortunately, if you cannot sign into your recovery email address then the account cannot be recovered.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you send it to***@******.*** on.ca??

No, the recovery email address cannot be changed until you have access to the account. The reason that it cannot be changed is security purposes because if you could change the recovery email address without access to the account then anybody could reset your account password ***** changing it to an account that they have.

I wish it was possible but unfortunately, we are limited by Hotmail's recovery process and the recovery account on file with Microsoft.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im going to change the password ***** stars

Okay, you will need access to the stars email in order to reset your other account. When you are able to sign into the stars account, I can send a code to it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just waiting for them to send code

Okay, let me know when you are signed into it.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Hi again,

I am just checking back in because I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast