Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I accidentally deleted all of my e-mails. Checked with Apple

Customer Question
I accidentally deleted all of...
I accidentally deleted all of my e-mails. Checked with Apple help and they suggested I contact you. I last backed up on August 9th, 2016. When calling your toll free number, they requested a PIN number which I do not have--nor know how to acquire one. I own an I-pad 2.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2016
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 year ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Could you please first advise which email provider you were referring to? Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail etc, also advise where and how you deleted the emails, such as using what email program, e.g. the Mail app on iPad 2?

Are you still there with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gmail. Used Mail app. Was in "all mail" and instead of tapping Edit and then individually designating. I tapped on "trash" at the bottom and it took it all. Can you retrieve from I-cloud or not?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Above covers it--

Okay. Please disconnect Wi-Fi on your iPad 2 (the device you deleted emails) from the Internet immediately. If you are using the iPad chatting with me, please use another computer instead.

Then visit https://gmail.google.com from a computer and check your emails. Please verify there see if ALL are still there in the Inbox, or moved into the Bin folder, or disappeared at all.

If all seem to be gone, try searching your ALL emails using some specific keywords that can uniquely locate one or more events around a given date. e.g. say your first and only visit to Las Vegas was in June 2011, you booked a hotel and received the booking confirmation in your Gmail mailbox, then you may try searching for the hotel's name and address, luckily you could find the related emails hiding somewhere in other folders (actually labels).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no computer to pursue as you suggested.

A bit difficult now. What I am trying to do is to stop possible synchronisation between your device and the backend mail server if you did delete all mails using the device. That's why I said, immediately if this just happened.

I do believe you have friends or your library to borrow a computer for a short while, then it may be a great help.

Just one more thought, are you able to visit https://gmail.google.com from any browser on your iPad 2? You may be prompted to use the built-in Mail app to access Gmail, just ignore the messages if any. If you can, please verify there see if ALL email are still there in the Inbox, or moved into the Bin folder, or disappeared at all.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not replied to your rating as I was giving myself time to compose an answer. I needed more leeway than just applying a certain number of stars. I was very frustrated with this site with its different $$$$ amounts of payment and still don't know what I was charged. I would NEVER apply to this site again. However, that mainly applies to the site and not yourself. I believe you truly attempted to assist me although we weren't successful. I have no qualms with your service--just this website. As stated before, the first amount stated $42. Then it was $5 plus $51. Then it was $5 plus $10 and, of course, the $39 interjected continuously for future service.

> the first amount stated $42.

I have no idea about it. If it was something you paid for the exact same question before but got no satisfied answer, you just call JustAnswer to ask for a refund.

> Then it was $5 plus $51.

$56 is the current rate for this question, the only amount I could know from my side.

> Then it was $5 plus $10 and, of course, the $39 interjected continuously for future service.

I have no idea about it too. You may call the customer service for an explanation. If it was an error or something not reasonable, simply ask for refund.

I am a new expert here, not quite familiar with how a question is charged. I do notice one thing: a question may increase its rate for a few dollars after an expert opts out, looks like a way to attract more attention from experts.

Regarding your email recovery, how is it now? Any feedback regarding my last suggestion please?

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant