Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I cannot connect to my old hotmail account. I got a new

Customer Question

I cannot connect to my old hotmail account. I got a new phone and I don't have enough info as when I made it I changed all my details, I had a crazy stalker ex who would try and hack my accounts. So I don't have enough info to log in and I really need to as it is connected to a lot of my other applications
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

Have you logged into that account from a computer before that you still access?

Here is how our site works. Due to thousands of types of computers, software, errors, email types, devices, Operating

Systems, etc. We need to communicate back and forth here in written method to verify the exact issue and resolve it.

If We open it up to other experts, use remote support method, clock out for the day etc. you will be aware of it.

Please continue to communicate until the issue is resolved or leave a time when you will be open to troubleshooting

to continue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Okay, well my phone is a HTC 10, I'm not sure what operating system. I'm sorry I don't have access to any computers that were logged on anymore.

When you go thru your password ***** what options do you see for recovery?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It has the option to choose another old email which it then says it doesn't exist.
If I choose not to pick that option it takes me through all my old details which I don't know, Latest emails, that sort of thing.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Hi Eden!

If you cannot use the recovery option form then the only option left is to use the private forum to see if a moderator can help you with the information that you provide.

In order to post on the forum, you need to first correct a new email address..

Please go to the following link to create that: https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

After you create an account, click here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newthread?forum=outlook_com&threadtype=Questions&filter=oemail&cancelurl=%2Fen-us%2Foutlook_com%2Fforum%2Foemail

Post on the forum using the Ask a Question form. Please post as much information as possible about your account.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The link you supplied sends me to the public forum. I can't seem to find the private one.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Did you post a question on the forum? When I said "private" forum, I mean that it is only for Hotmail/Microsoft users which is why you created a new account.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ohh.... Okay I'll give it a shot.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Great!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yep, when I get my account I certainly will.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Sure thing, Eden.

Please note: I do not have control over Hotmail/Microsoft and their recovery process.