Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online
Hello,I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
You will need to update the stored password ***** your gmail account on Mac Mail.
To do this,
1. Launch Mail on your Mac.
2. Click “Mail” from the Mail menu and click “Preferences.”
3. Click the “Accounts” tab. A list of your email accounts will appear in the left pane of the Accounts preferences window.
4. Select the name of the email account.
5. Click the “Passwords” text field to select the old password, press “Delete” and type in your new password.
6. Click the red "Close" button at the top of the preferences window to close it.
--------------------Your satisfaction is my priority; Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.Pete.--------------------
What version of OS X are you using?
To change password ***** El Capitan Mail 9.2, you could do it by in a different way:
Go to Mail/ Preferences / Accounts / Account Information / Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) / Edit SMTP Server List / (chose account you want to update), at the bottom of the window you should see
User Name: ...
Hi Patrick, can you let me know what version of Mail you are using?
Does it look like the following:
Hello, sir. I am delighted to try to assist you with this inconvenient situation.
Are you still in need of assistance? I couldn't help but notice that, after my colleague, Pete, posted a screen capture and asked about it, almost three days elapsed before you answered. (I guess those poor electrons get awfully tired walking all the way from Europe to North America along the ocean floor, being relentlessly assaulted by crabs and sea stars and stepping on venomous stonefish.)
Please let me know as promptly as possible. Thank you again for your patience and forbearance.