Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Using outlook 2007. recently set up a imap account. had

Customer Question

using outlook 2007. recently set up a imap account. had difficulty initially getting outlook to send emails. finally resolved that. Account will send out emails except for one account. Somehow it seems to be blocked. Help
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: just got it working correctly yesterday except fot this one email
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: It works ok via tablet and on my phone. It is on my pc using windows 7 with outlook2007 that I have this problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebooted computer after the account was added to outlook client. That seemed to fix the problem and sending emails for everybody but this one email address. It is not a domain problem, because I can send emails to other email addresses with the same domain name.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

> Account will send out emails except for one account. Somehow it seems to be blocked

Could you please advise which account it is? I mean the email provider or domain name such as outlook.com, icloud.com or mail.com...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
email provider is skgoldhosting.ca
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But this is not a hosting issue; it is an outlook client issue
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the account works fine from my Ipad and Iphone.. It is just when I access it from outlook in my computer that I have this unique problem.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
would not like to have you fix it for me. I want to fix it myself with your assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

> the account works fine from my Ipad and Iphone..

I understand it that. I need to know this to figure out the required protocol and port number. You may also tor retractive the correct parameters from your iPad and iPhone which are working fine with the same email account. Did you try this.

> I want to fix it myself with your assistance.

Sure, I just provide suggestions and guide for your reference.

Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

Yes, I am here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The curious thing is the outlook client only seems to block the sending of emails to one account. All other sent emails work. But you can send to this account if you use my iphone or ipad.
Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

Seems to be a SMTP configuration issue. Please advise your Outlook version so I can let you know where to check on your computer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Outlook 2007
Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

OK. Wait a moment, I need to get my old laptop which has Outlook 2007 installed.