Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

Received temp password from att and would like to retrieve

Customer Question

received temp password ***** att and would like to retrieve my sbcglobal.net emails from last month.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: 10 mins
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: after receiving temp password ***** in and changed with new password ***** sbcglobal.net account showed when I clicked my email icon.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible to retrieve after having hard drive replaced?
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

So, if I understand correctly....you just now are able to login to your sbcglobal Email account, using a Web Browser, using the temp password, and then changing the password ***** whatever you use.

And you want to know if you can retrieve Emails from a month ago, after your hard drive was replaced.....is that about it?

.

If so.....the only way you can retrieve your emails is if they were stored on the Email server (sbcglobal). Which depends on how the emails are delivered, and stored. If the Email Server is configured to allow the emails to be downloaded and then erased from the server, and then they get stored on your computer. And then your hard drive gets replaced......then the emails are gone.....unless you still have that old hard drive and it still works?

.

If the Emails are stored on the server, then you should still be able to see them when you login using the web browser, and just look for them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no way to retrieve emails after having hard drive replaced? How do I get my $5 back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quiksilver07070
did you get my recent response @ 7:18pm?