Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have a Hotmail account that is through Outlook 2010 I

Customer Question
think. We were gone...
I have a Hotmail account that is through Outlook 2010 I think. We were gone 6 weeks last summer and did not open the computer and when I did, all email folders were empty. After a few days they came back. I have been home six to seven weeks and all folders are empty again. My phone still is able to send and receive email and email shows on the phone but not the computer. What do I do to get my email files back on the computer Outlook.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
9/26/2016
Email technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 year ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello Pat,

Thank you for using this service. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Are you able to send or receive any email on the computer? Do you get any errors or messages from Outlook?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can send and receive through my Samsung phone. The phone and computer are through Verizon Wireless. I sent an email to myself using my computer.The email was received on my phone. It doesn't show as a sent message on my computer Outlook program.

OK. With this being an outlook problem, the most effective way for me to help you solve this would be a remote connection to your computer. I can then fix the problem while you watch. Would you like remote services?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I prefer you giving me suggestions to try first rather than you going online to my computer. Thanks.

Do you know if your outlook is setup for IMAP or POP access to your hotmail?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know which one it is.

When you send a message on the computer, and then click the SEND/RECEIVE button, what exactly do you see? Do you see outlook sending the message, or do you see an error (usually a yellow or red mark).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I hit send, a number 1 appears in the outbox until the message goes through. The message was received on our phone. Then, I tried to send a message from our phone to the computer and it would not go to the computer.

Please loosely follow the instructions at the link below.

What I want you to do is get to the settings page where you can TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS.

Don't actually change any settings as shown in in instructions. Just TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS.

When you test, you may find the password *****'t being accepted, or another problem with outlook that you and I can help you solve.

Let me know the results of the test account.

https://www.authsmtp.com/outlook-2010/default-port.html

Please take a moment to rate my time and help to you so that I can get credit for helping you today.

Rating does NOT close the question , and does NOT cost any more, and a positive rating helps me.

I strive for excellent (five star) service and continue to help after rating until you are satisfied, so please rate now. Thank You.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The following is what I found:
Outlook cannot discover setting for your account because a network connection could not be established. You may need to turn off Work Offline to automatically configure this account.

Would you like to try remote services now? I'm asking because I'm not sure how I can direct you further given the error you are describing. It's really something I'd have to interact with myself to fix.

technicalcat
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant