Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I cant recover my account because i dont have the phone i

Customer Question
use to get a text...
i cant recover my account because i dont have the phone i use to get a text I had to send it in and i cant get to my email so i can get my store credit with wal mart on a gift card they are sending me to get a new phone
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone or my lap top but i am moving to day and i had my internet turned off so im at my library trying to recover my account it keeps giving me a code that im having sent to my friend and when he recieves it i typ it in and it just has me locked out
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tryed calling gmail was on hold so long my phone went dead sending it to my friend trryed to change phone number everything
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes i have to get a phone today and i cant get my emails i think they locked me out from so many atemps
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
9/23/2016
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

If you call your old phone number, is it active? Have you considered attempting to reset the password ***** sending the code to your old phone number, but first asking the new owner of the number to give it to you when it arrives?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will still have the same number i had to send it in cause the screen was cracked and i paid a for a warranty if anything would happen to it i send it in and they Walmart sends you a gift card for the amount of the phone. I cant get to my emails so i can get the phone

Okay, so you have the number, but you don't have a phone with which you can use the number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i tryed every way it will let me to try to change my password ***** im not paying 39 dollars i paid 54 at the begingn of this and also it says 7 day free trial
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i meant i paid 5$
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

It looks like you paid $42. I am not part of the billing department, so I cannot answer that question.

If your phone number is ***** for the reset, can you just plug your sim card into a different phone and do it that way? Otherwise, you will need to wait for the replacement phone to arrive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will not arrive i have to get in my email to get the gift card!

Which account is this? Is it an email account or is it with your Walmart account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im at the library right now im suppose to be moving to day so i had may home internet turned off this is a night mare

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
walmart is sending my gift card to my email account which is***@******.***

Okay, so the problem is that you cannot sign into your Actual Gmail account at Gmail.com, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
some how my password ***** changed and it wont let me change it yes correct
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
almost like they locked me out cause of to many attempts

If it locked you out, you will need to wait 24 hours before attempting to reset it again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have another phone but it wont even let me change the phone #

Did you replace the SIM card in the new phone with the sim card from your old phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the library is getting ready to close
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
r u still with me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
r u going to help me

Yes. I am still here. Please, answer my questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont understand

Your old phone has a sim card in it that is attached to your phone number. If you put that sim card into another phone, the other phone will now have your phone number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all i have is a obama phone that i am using it is just a flip phone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your saying put sims card in to any phone

Yes.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist