Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am locked out of my e-mail password. I can't remember the

Customer Question
answer to the security question...
I am locked out of my e-mail password. I can't remember the answer to the security question, where I spent my honeymoon? please help me get my password ***** I have important main I need to see
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
9/6/2016
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

And does your email end in @yahoo.com (the one you are trying to reset)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows vista ***@******.***

Okay, it will depend on what recovery options you used.

Did you add a cell phone to your yahoo email? alternate email etc?

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to continue with written instructions,

That is perfectly fine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I created this email account a long time ago, so I did not add a phone number nor an alternate email

Have you ever accessed that email on the computer you are on before ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have

I can only look by going into your browsers and settings, but i need remote access to do it.

If it is within those, we can retrieve it. If not, this is what will happen

given from the yahoo support itself:

We take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.

When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

The Password ***** says my password *****'t be reset online - If you've tried using the Sign-in Helper and weren't able to get access to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend creating a new Yahoo account.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am talking to Yahoo right?

No, you are on justanswer. I can give you the link for them, but they are a free site. They will not help free accounts

to be honest, but you can try.

This is for mail for desktop:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Click the correct settings/choices for your issue on that page. It is for contact them.

I have gone as far as i can without any recovery possible & remote connection option. I will open this up to other experts

if you wish to get more ideas/suggestions.

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What if the remote connection option does not work, will i still have to pay the 44 and the 29?

No, the written portion for the work will stay, but the remote is refunded if we cannot find the password ***** are looking for.

It will honestly depend on your 'settings' in your browsers, but it is honestly your only shot other than yahoo support. But,

as i listed, it is free, they dont really support help like that in person/phone, and you didnt put any recover methods with it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Earlier I had Dell and AT&T do a remote connection on my computer for my email but it did not work, do you think you can do a better job?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then there is the fact that Dell was the one that created my yahoo account

I am going to open this up for another expert to look at and give suggestions. Please standby.

Email technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Maxine, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

.

So, just as the previous experted stated.......you dont have many options.

I can do a remot eto LOOK for the STORED password ***** your browser settings (long shot)

Or you can work with Yahoo (again) which didnt seem to work.

See, FREE email accounts do NOT come with Phone or chat or live person support.

WHY? Because they have literally MILLIONS of free email accoutns, and they would get bogged down if they supported every single one.

So they only offer automated support, and if that does not work......well, you have to open a new account.

Thats just how it is for FREE yahoo email accounts. Or ANY free email accounts, for that matter.

So, my time is valuable just as your is.

If we TRY to look for the password ***** your computer and its unseccessful.....you will need to atleast pay for this question answer.

YOu wont be charged for the remote (which is an additional charge) but, this question will charge will remain.

.

Your choice.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the talked with at&t and Dell for hours when they took control of my computer, do you think you can do better. My yahoo password ***** for some reason unknown

thats a loaded question.

do i think i can do better?

How do i know, until i try?

i dont think you are understanding what im telling you.

So.....im going to opt out.

Best of Luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats a $29 question, I cant answer yahoo's security question,
thank you
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 1 year ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi Maxine,

I do think I can do better than any of the technicians that remoted into your computer from ATT and to get one thing clear, you have 30 days to request a refund after asking your question.

Would you like to give this a shot?

Martin, Network Engineer