Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

It would appear that my network discovery is turned off in

Customer Question

It would appear that my network discovery is turned off in my network and sharing
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since last night. I had a couple of emails come in and it started after that.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: outlook express
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: If tried to go to control panel but the problem is that the drop down menu area is pulsating and I can't get the sections to open - ie can't get into Network & Sharing Centre where I am told I need to turn on Network Discovery
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much is this going to cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: How will I pay the $5
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Could you please let me know what the real issue you are facing on your computer is it regarding email if so please explain it.

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't want to go to a secure site. The person that manages my site would not be happy. If you can give me an answer that would be great. You haven't given me any advice just given me a price to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I had replied to you above i believe you didn't see it.i will resend it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to use outlook the display bar pulsates and I can not enter anything into it. I can not open the attachments that have been previously received.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK when you say outlook you mean outlook the email application not outlook email service am i correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean outlook express - part of Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John are you still there?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Yes i am still here please give me a moment to reply .

I believe what you meant is the inbuilt email app in windows 10 because outlook express is not in windows 10

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry if I have given you the wrong informTION
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No need to worry about it.

You are able to open web pages on this windows 10 PC only the email application is not working am i correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BUT IF I TRY TO OPEN A WORD DOCUMENT THEN THE DOCUMENT STARTS TO REMOVE WORD AFTER WORD AFTER WORK IN VERY FAST TIME
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am not clear of what you mentioned above because you are now saying about Word document not email application issue.I am confused sorry about that could you please clarify it.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir did you get my previous reply ?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am not getting any reply from you the reason why i asked to explain the issue is that to open your email application and check emails,attachments or send emails doesn't need network discovery to be turned on so the issue you are facing in your email application is not due to network discovery.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know