Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Our email was hacked on August 4th. Since then I have

Customer Question

Our email was hacked on August 4th. Since then I have changed the email password ***** I have talked to support to get this figured out. We just checked the email settings and everything is good. I am not receiving any emails at all.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all are you with AT&T? This is where they told me to go.

I'm an independent computer tech; I can fix your email issue and any other computer issue you have.

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have Yahoo mail and Windows 10

Thank you. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather you did not. I am a little leary about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also not happy I have to pay for this since the AT&T representative did not tell me that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. I am done.

I'm sorry. Unfortunately, AT&T usually does not fix yahoo email issues. I can fix your email issue if you'd like to; we guarantee our service.

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is easier and quicker for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

- Does your email end with @att.net or @yahoo.com etc.?

- So you go to the yahoo.com website and you are able to sign in your email address and password, but you do not receive any new email. Is that correct?

Please let me know your option; I can fix your email issue right now; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I am not going to do this right now. I need to check some things first.

OK. Can you leave this web page open while checking some things now? I can leave this question open. If you still need help later with your email issue and/or with any other computer issue, please let me know; we can continue whenever you are available. Note: If you lose me, you can go to the JustAnswer.com website in order to get back to me. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I cannot. Thank you.

You're welcome. Would you like to continue later or tomorrow, etc.? Otherwise, we will cancel this for you. If you still need help with this issue or with any other computer issue in the future, please come back any time as you wish. I have been fixing computers for over 10 years. We guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this for now. Thank you.

You're welcome. This is being cancelled per your request. If you need help with anything in the future, please come back any time; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Thank you

You're welcome.