Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

HAVE SUBSCRIBED BUT EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS I HAVE TO RE ENTER

Customer Question

hAVE SUBSCRIBED BUT EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS I HAVE TO RE ENTER INFO, CHANGE PASSWORDS, AM ASKED TO SUBSCRIBE AGAIN WHEN THE ORGINAL CONTRACT SAYS IT RENEWS AUTOMATICALLY. WHAT'S GOING ON?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thomas, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me which online service or website do you have subscription issues with?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ourtime.com dating service
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. There is no known technical downtime for that dating service as of this time so I believe the issue is with your web browser, not from the dating site servers.

Are you using a desktop or laptop computer to access your ourtime account?

If yes, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thomas,

I just sent you the formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it any time if you want a Secure Remote Assistance service. After accepting, I will send you the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my device is not the problem. My problem dtarts when I AM LOGGED INTO YOUR PROGRAM/APP. WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS A CERTAIN PROFILE INSTEAD OF THE PROFILE, I GET A SCREEN WHICH EITHER REQUIRES RE-VERIFICATION PLUS CHANGING PASSWORDS OR A SCREEN REQUIRING RE SUBSCRIPTION.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thomas,

Are you using a smartphone to access your ourtime account? Or are you using a desktop or a laptop computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LAPTOP COMPUTER
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

You mentioned that you are invited again to re-subscribe, it means that your login to your ourtime account expired therefore the system did not know if you are a subscribed member or not, thus giving you the re-subscription ads.

I believe this is an issue with your web browser.

I can remotely fix this for you if you want to avail of our Secure Remote Assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SINCE THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT STATED THAT THE CONTRACT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE RENEWED UNLESS I FILED A NOTICE TO END THE CONTRACT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE SYSTEM HAS LOST MY ACCOUNT AND WHAT MY WEB BROWER HAS TO DO WIYH THE INTERNAL WORKINGS OF YOUR SYSTEM!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry for the issues. What I was saying was, the times that you are getting the ads regarding subscribing, it means that your session (means login session) expired. That is why the system did not detect that you are a subscriber since your login session expired, it is like you are a guest visitor of the site browsing for profiles. And this is a browser related issues. Have you tried access your account using a different web browser like Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO. SINCE IN MOST CASES I HAD JUST LOGGED ON TO OURTIME WHEN THESE ISSUES OCCURED
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. What web browser are you regularly using when accessing ourtime?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW COULD MY SESSION HAVE EXPIRED?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YAHOO
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

No, Yahoo is a website or a search engine. Please describe to me the icon of the program or app that you open to access ourtime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NORMALLY OURTIME SENDS ME SOME POSSIBLE MATCHES ( 8 OR 9). I CLICK ON ONE OF THE MATCHES ANDE INSTEAD OF THE PROFILE I GET THE ISSUES STATED
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I understand what you just described. It is a typical issue with expired login sessions. As to why sessions expire, that is caused by web browser glitches and bloated temporary files. A cleanup for your browser is needed to fix this so you need to tell em what browser you are using. Or we can do remote access to fix this while you watch.