Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am a business and political professional that is involved

Customer Question
in many different items in...
I am a business and political professional that is involved in many different items in life. I am the Director of Business Operations for my family's restaurant company, I am a political consultant for my state's democratic committee, I am a soon to be a candidate for a city wide office, and other items such as that. I have an e-mail for my actual profession of directing a company, but I am in need of a standard, branded e-mail that is neutral across the board. I do not want to use my company e-mail for my politics. I do not want to use my personal domain of myname.com because that will lead to my political race. I do not want to use @me.com or @gmail.com anymore because it looks unprofessional from me. Any ideas of what I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2016
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 1 year ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi

You would be best creating a generic domain name for example***@******.*** - your poltics one coudl be used as a state email I am assuming your state will give you an email addrrss to use?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I am in need of keeping my campaigning and my consulting to the local and state parties separate from the operations of my position, to which can also take part on the same e-mail as long as whenever I am done with my term, I submit all e-mails in paper copy to my assistant for filing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What should that generic domain name be? Should I use my name domain, name.com and then create a separate domain name for my campaigning such as lastnameforoffice.com? But, how does that look to others that I am e-mailing for business, etc? And if I use it in a business that I do not own, but hold the highest level position, does that look odd too?

You are 100% best to keep them seperate.

• lastnameforoffice.com (politics)
  • *****@******.*** (for work)
  • *****@******.*** (for your PERSONAL things, as this is personal, it wont matter how it looks)

Would this make sense?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would prefer to have those in the same inbox to where I don't have to worry about where I am sending it from, etc. That is my one thing. I get hundreds of e-mail a day, not counting junk that I am copied on, need to respond to, etc. So, being able to just quickly respond is the best.
Email technician: jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir, Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. I like to suggest you to register yourname.com and use Emails with it. You can use***@******.*** or***@******.***. If you need multiple Email addresses you can register it like***@******.***,***@******.*** etc.

For example, if your name is ***** ***** you own donald.com, you can use Emails like***@******.***,***@******.***,***@******.***,***@******.***,***@******.*** etc.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jins,The only thing that concerns me with that is the fact of the variety of different things that I do, such as I operate a restaurant company that has one domain name, I have a personal domain of firstnamelastname.com which I plan to use for politics. Do you think it is weird if I am e-mailing people from one e-mail address that is***@******.*** although I am not the owner of the restaurant and my name is ***** ***** to it? That way, I can also just do something such as lastnameforoffice.com whenever I am running for political office and keep the firstnamelastname.com just as sort of a professional resume page.What do you think?

I think the method I suggested before is the suitable soluton because repeating names in email address will make confusion to your friends and customers. In my opinion ***@******.*** is confusing and***@******.***,***@******.***,***@******.***,***@******.*** etc are easy to remember and represents its nature in it.

Regards

Jins

jinsmn
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer