Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My account is disabled because some hijacked my account. I

Customer Question
cant unlock it. I need...
my account is disabled because some hijacked my account. I cant unlock it. I need help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2016
Email technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Hi! My name is***** account is actually locked out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
someone on an iPad got my password

Oh no! Did Google lock you out or did the hacker lock you out?

I need to know which way to go with this is why I ask.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
google lock the account down for my protection
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no if I had instructions that actually worked I can do.

Ok. Give me just a moment. I want to make sure I give you correct information.

I assume you have tried the usual routes of resetting the password, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they sent me an email saying all I have to do is log in. but when I do it takes me to the page saying my account is disabled. I never get that far.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried finding a number so I can talk to someone. but that has been useless

There are 2 types of lockdowns. There's a temporary one that lasts from an hour to 24 hours. The other has an option when you get to that page stating it is disabled that will give you the option to unlock it. You didn't get any of those messages?

I agree. It would be more beneficial to actually talk to Google.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive cleared the cookies and everything and restarted.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am a helpdesk tech.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know most of the tricks but this is making me mad. I was at a funeral when this happened. by the time I got home it was done

That's terrible!

Well, instead of trying to say all of this, I'm going to send you a link. It's from the UK but it's still the same gist of what you need.

http://gmailaccountrecovery.blogspot.co.uk/#security

There's not much we can do here that you can't do yourself. But this is the BEST explanation of how to recover your account that I have seen on the internet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cant get to security

You can't get to that website or Google security?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Couldn't sign you in
This Google Account has been disabled.
Learn more.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is where I am stuck

Yes, that link that I sent to you explains step by step how to recover your account and who to contact if you can't recover it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay I will try it again

You'll be subject to Google's timing, but this will get the ball rolling and keep the hacker from accessing or anyone else from accessing your account.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
www.google.com is blockedRequests to the server have been blocked by an extension.
Try:
Reloading the page
Disabling your extensions
ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

Sorry for the delay. I lost power here.

You may have to get to another machine or use someone else's device to do it.

I am going to opt out and allow someone else to take a look at this. They have a better idea than I do.

Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today.

I'm sorry about the issue.

In this case, you need to fill out Gmail recovery form to prove your ownership and provide them an alternate working email address.

You may have already filled it, but, still, I'm providing your steps to fill it out as during the last conversation with other expert, it is not mentioned anywhere.

Click the link:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/verifyuser

Choose "I don't know my password".

Enter your email address and click Continue.
Under Enter the last password ***** remember, please choose "I don't know" and then click the options shown there and it will re-direct you to the recovery form and it will ask you to fill out details like account creation date, last time you were able to access to this account and many more.

Please fill out as much required details as you can.

Under Contact information, please enter a valid alternate working email address.

Once you fill out all of the required details, Gmail team will get back to you on your alternate working email address in 12-24 hours.

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And if you can take a second to rate my service(-OK or more -by clicking stars at the top of the page and choose submit), that would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist