Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I can't add multiple gmail on my htc one m9

Customer Question
i can't add multiple gmail on my htc one m9
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
7/30/2016
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Teresa,

What happens when you try to add another Gmail account to your phone? Are you referring to having two Gmail email accounts on your phone to receive emails?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I actually have 3 Gmail email accounts. One I'm current using and I wanted to add the other two. But every time I tried it keeps telling me to confirm the password ***** I entered it and yes I triple checked it that it is the correct password. And when I do it manually it tells me: "Couldn't open connection to server".

Do you have 2-step verification enabled on the other two accounts that are giving you an issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope. Is that the issue?

Try signing into one of the other email accounts on your computer right now. Are you able to sign into it on your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am. No issues on the computer only the phone.

Are you using the stock email app?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried adding the account from my existing gmail account that i'm currently using on the phone. I also tried doing it from the phone setting with gmail.

Let's try an isolate one of the accounts that isn't working.

On that account (you can pick which one), click here: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/displayunlockcaptcha

Click on Continue to allow access to your Google account

Now try adding that account to your phone. If that does not work, on the same email address:

Go here: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/security/lesssecureapps

Select Turn On

Now try adding the email account.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not working with both

Go to system>apps>email and force Stop and Clear Data.

Restart your phone and try to add again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still the same :(

Try downloading the app called K9 mail

Open K9 and see if the Gmail accounts can be added there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is that safe? I'd rather not download anything if I can help it.

Yes, it is a 100% safe app. I would never advise my customers to download something that was not safe. K9 mail is a very popular app.

Please download and try adding it there. I would like to see if it adds within that app.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I downloaded it and set up the email and it's saying: set up could not finish.username or password ***** ***** Which is not possible because I am able to get into this email with the exact password ***** the computer.
Try changing the password ***** something simple such as Justanswer1
Then try using the new password ***** your phone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still the same..... wrong password. seems like it's not recognizing the password..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's getting late here in my end. Is it possible we give this a rest for now and continue sometime tomorrow? I am not sure how things work with you guys..

Yes, you can reply back here at any time and I will be alerted. Please reply back tomorrow when you are free again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Josh sorry it took me so long to get back to you...... I know we didn't resolve the issue but I tried doing the steps hoping the many times I turned my phone off and on would somehow fix the problem but I was wrong.
.

Hi Teresa,

It is nice to hear back from you. Do you still have the same issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yup still the same issue. And everything we've tried still not working either.

Thank you for confirming. Since the issue continues through K9 with the exact same error message then it has to be either the username or password ***** is being entered incorrectly.

Are you typing the full email address or just the part before @gmail.com? Try both ways.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast