Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My Outlook 2013 keeps dropping off line on my Windows 10.

Customer Question
How can I fix this?...
My Outlook 2013 keeps dropping off line on my Windows 10. How can I fix this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2016
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 1 year ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello Karen and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

When did the problem start?

May I connect with you to troubleshoot this issue directly?

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have searched online for a solution for this frequently encountered issue with Windows 10. One suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall Outlook - what will happen to my current offline emails if I do that?
Thanks

You can use the repair feature for Outlook - your emails will be left intact as they are stored separately

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the repair feature for Outlook?

If you go to the area where you uninstall Outlook, it should give you another option which is to repair instead of uninstall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I have MS Office 365 and Outlook seems to be bundled - do not see it separately listed

Select Office then click Change/Uninstall and it should let you repair it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, I did that with the MS Visual C++ - is that it? I have regular and pro for MS Office. Don't think I need Pro any longer - I am retiring

I'm not sure what you're looking at but just repair/reinstall Office, nothing more

If it was working not long ago then I suggest running system restore

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will I then lose emails? And recently developed Excel and Word files?

No, it doesn't touch personal files

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am getting all of these items in my inbox - it seems to be up and running, now. I have Office 365 and Office Small Business 365. I removed the Office 365 Professional - should I remove the small business as well?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Outlook just dropped offline again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am running full repair on Office now

Hard to say which version of Outlook you're using with both of those installed - I would have to take a look at it to tell you for sure but if it was working earlier this week a simple system restore should do it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting for the repair to complete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The repair did not do the trick. I believe this problem has been in place since I upgraded to Windows 10

I've sent you a quote for remote assistance

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand why I have to pay for Microsoft to fix their own bugs....this is well known. I already paid $20 for this help which hasn't worked

If you look at the URL at the top it should read www.justanswer.com - we do tech support for Microsoft products as well as a number of others but this is not Microsoft.

Microsoft does not provide this form of tech support, anyone claiming to be them are probably trying to scam you.

The reason there is a price is because this is a paid support site and we have a 30 day refund policy if you're not content with the outcome.

Does that make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it makes sense but I am not satisfied with the outcome of this session so I would like a refund and will take my laptop to Best Buy Greek Squad where I bought it. How do I get the refund?

You may contact billing on 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

You're welcome!

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist