Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My gmail emails have been changed to someone elses phone and

Customer Question

my gmail emails have been changed to someone elses phone and email to recover. why did this happen? how can i get back into my email account?
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 12 months ago.

Hi Sandy my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is your gmail address and how come someone else is using it.

What have you tried so far to retrieve it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i think my co worker did this. not sure why. he switched my two gmail account passwords and recovery email and text number. i dont know how he did that, as i never gave him my password ***** had him on my account. I have tried password ***** with gmail, but it only shows his new information. i have tried account recovery, asking my last password, but it says locked for suspicious activity. i cant call google tech support, because i dont have a tech pin, i would havve to log into get it.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the warning message said: This recovery email can only be used from a computer that you regularly use to sign in because we detected suspicious activity in the account....but i always use this laptop to log in to gmail... why would it say that?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i have two gmail addresses ***@******.*** and***@******.***
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hello?

you mean to say that someone has changed the password ***** has updated the security questions and recovery email and phone number?

How is that possible without getting the orignal recovery codes from your phone or recovery phone number.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i dont know. maybe akeylogger? i am paying you to figure that out.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
is this something you can help with?

key logger can provide you hidden passwords but to receive codes it requires your phone and the secondary email access.

What happens when you try to reset the password ***** you get the secondary email and the phone still active in gmail server.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no. it is someone new, their email and our work number.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i need help with this soon. what if they delete all my emails or do something worse?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
are you here?

There is no way to control it a google will not allow you or consider that you are the owner of these emails. Before updating details of security and recovery cell phones and secondary you get prior notification that there has been an attempt to update phone and email.