Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My mother had a prodigy.net account and can't remember the

Customer Question
password. AT&T has been...
My mother had a prodigy.net account and can't remember the password. AT&T has been no help. They keep trying to get her to use the U-verse account, but all of her contacts are associated with the prodigy account and she would like to be able to continue to use it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/22/2016
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the problem email account so that I can check your recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for that information. Please give me a moment to check the account status and recovery options.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see no need for you to connect to my system

I am checking the recovery options. What is the last name of the email owner please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Johnson

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you still using ATT as your Internet Provider now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is,yes

Are you with her or on her location right now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I am not

Unfortunately, I need to remotely access your computer, or her computer, so that I can directly connect to ATT to assist you in recovering the account. I have done this several times already and accounts are recovered successfully.

I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access with the minimum fee. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

When in remote session, I can then assist you in recovering her account provided that you know some of the information on her account. If not, I can remotely access her computer for free so that he can provide those information that you cannot provide.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not on AT&T so that will not help. Perhaps we will have to resume this when I am at her home.

I agree. Please bookmark our chat page, or keep the email notification that you received from us. Access your JustAnswer account when you are in her house so that we can do the remote session with her :)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will. Thank you

You're welcome. Just reply to me here then when you are ready for the remote session. I will then be notified so that I can get back online to resume help through remote access.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not get a result for this question, so you should not bill my credit card as if you solved my problem. Within 5 minutes, you wanted more money than I agreed to pay so there was not a solution. Please refund my money.

I am very sorry about the confusion. The charges that you mentioned was your deposit when you posted the question. We guarantee our service and you can get your money back any time when you are not satisfied with our service. But at this point, I have been waiting for your message when you are in your mother's house so that we can initiate the remote session.

Please let me know when you are ready for the remote session, or when you want to discontinue the question and request for a refund.

Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Best regards,

Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The remote session was going to cost me another $40. I agreed to pay 42.50 for a solution. There was a $5 deposit that was to be paid and the rest was to be paid when a solution was found. Since a solution was not found for the $42.50 that I agreed to, this contract is no longer valid. I am not willing to pay the additional money for a remote session because, for all I know, there will be even more charges after that.

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the confusion. Yes, the remote session can cost you another 40 but I already sent you a formal offer for 8 only. Maybe the offer disappeared from your screen but from my screen, it is still showing pending your acceptance. I can send you that offer of 8 and you can then accept it if you want to resume with remote session.

Also, you have not subscribed to our service so there will be no additional charges in the future.

By the way, like we discussed before, you need to be in your mother's computer or in your mother's house when doing the remote so that we can start the recovery procedures with her help.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate your offer, but I agreed to pay $42.50 for a solution. Since you are not able to give me a solution for the $42.50 that I agreed to, I request a refund.

Again, there is a confusion. The 42.5 that you mentioned was to original fee to post the question. Secure Remote Assistance is an additional service offer with an extra fee. It used to be 40 but I offered you at 8.

I respect your decision and will process the refund for you. You can also request a refund using the procedures on this link:

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand that, but when I entered the site, I was told that I would get a solution for $42.50 and I have not. I request a refund.

I understand, but the solution you need here is the actual recovery of the email account. And that cannot be done by simply giving typed instructions to you. I am certain you will not be satisfied by such solution. Besides, I cannot unlock the account from my end, no one can, so my offer for remote access is to recover the account with your mother's help since she needs to provide information to prove she owns the account and this needs to be done in the correct venue with me remotely connected.

Processing your refund now.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Refund request sent. Thank you for using our service.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist