Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I added another gmail account. When it asked password, I

Customer Question

I added another gmail account. When it asked for a password, I entered a new password ***** my new email address. It came back and said that the password ***** not match the address. But it's a NEW address with no password ***** being set up for it before. There shouldn't be a password ***** with this account. It's acting like the address is already in existence, which it's not. It's a new address, so I should be entering a new password.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac? Also, what email program are you using where you added the NEW Gmail account? Are you using MS Outlook 2016? Or Windows Live Mail?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using gmail in the google browser on a Windows 10 machine
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your Windows 10 computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch on your screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your permission to do remote access.

I tried you accept your request but there was an error from your end. I will try accepting your request a little later to see if the error from your end is gone.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Michael,

I just sent you the offer. Please try to accept it and see if the error from your end is gone.

After accepting it, we can then start our remote session.

Best regards,

Jess