Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a dell running version 10, recently updated. I rarely

Customer Question

I have a dell running version 10, recently updated. I rarely use this laptop except to sync my iPhone and ipad. After updating to 10 my icloud email account won't work. "The server doesn't recognize your login." I'm entering the correct un and pw.
I submitted an account recovery request which was denied for lack of sufficient recent information (recent emails sent, to whom, etc). I haven't sent anything from this laptop since March 2016. I only use my Apples.
My question: how do I get Microsoft to recognize me (and approve a reset) if the only previous email usage info I have are on my Apple ios, not MS Windows? Since moving to a new state, I no longer have the email address I initially used to set up this laptop.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Ron. Did you use your Microsoft id for anything other than signing on to your computer? If not, we should be able to create a new Microsoft account and tie it to your computer. Can you explain a little further about the icloud problem? You mentioned iCloud but then you also mentioned imap and smtp access, both of which are related to email. Are you referring to your Apple email perhaps? How do you access that email? Do you use Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, or do you go the website to login?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Since you have what sounds like several different issues here, if you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here.