Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am having problems receiving my e-mails on my gmail site.

Customer Question
Hi, I am having...
Hi, I am having problems receiving my e-mails on my gmail site. One person claimed to have sent me 20 e-mails this morning - but no receipt. Please help (they are not in spam).
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/8/2016
Email technician: Yvette, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Yvette
Yvette, Consultant

Are u using a Mac computer to access your email?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mac os X

OK. A mac expert will join u shortly.

Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

As a test, are you able to send yourself email messages?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent a test msg from another one of my e-mails, and that came through, as did your response. The site is actually Match, to reset my password ***** my service with Comcast crashed (now fixed). I had dumped my cache and that dumped also my passwords. I need to reset it and their link to do so is not being received.

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did update my account, and it keeps offering me other services. I just want this service completed as per request please.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 24 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No disrespect, but I am not happy giving remote access to my computer. The last time I did that, it cost me a fortune. Of course, that was overseas. Can you not just contact me with the information? There was nothing mentioned about granting remote access in the promise of satisfaction.

We don't have to do the remote session. I was offering it to you as a favor because more often than not, that is what people prefer. I've remoted into computers scores of thousands of times with no problems, but I understand. I will close the remote now. When was Match supposed to have sent the supposed emails?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
late this owning to reset the password. He said he sent it over 20 times. However, your e-mails come through, as to e-mails from my other e-mail address.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could there be something that I need to disable to allow it? However, they sent a message yesterday, and it came through.

There is not much more that I can do from this end.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Email technician: GeekGal, Email Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist

Hi Cheryl. My name is***** a test, please login to mail.google.com with your email address and password. See if you can find the messages there.

Also, if this match.com that we're talking about, please go to https://www4.match.com/login/forgotemail and complete the form to make sure that the email address that they have on file for yo is the email address that you are checking. If this is incorrect, you will need to contact them and have them change it.

Please give these troubleshooting tips a try and let me the results. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not want remote access, as stated before. I will also be out for an hour or so. I note that $35.00 was charged to my credit card, without/before solving the problem. Your site states that is charged only solved to my satisfaction. Satisfaction means an answer.

Cheryl, I saw that you did not want Remote Access and I have not offered it. I am trying to help you. If we aren't going to do Remote Access then we will need to do a "question and answer" type process in order to troubleshoot. There could be many possible reasons that you aren't getting the emails. As an independent contractor, I do not have access to billing information. You can visit ww2.justanswer.com/help for information on contacting customer service. If you'd like to continue here, please try the steps that I mentioned and let me know the results when you return. Thank you!

Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today.

I'm sorry about the issue.

Please follow the steps given below to sort out this issue:

A. Disable forwarding options:

1. Login into your gmail account: http://gmail.com.
  2. At the top right, click the gear icon
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  5. Select Disable forwarding in the “Forwarding” section.
  6. Click the first drop-down menu after “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” and check for any addresses listed as “(in use by a filter).” To disable the forwarding filter, choose the Remove option.

Now, try to send a test email to yourself and check if you receive that or not.

B. If not fixed:

Change your gmail account password:

Click the link: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/EditPasswd?hl=en

And change password.

Now again, try to send a test email to yourself and check if you receive that or not.

C. Remove blocked senders:

1. On a computer, open Gmail.
  2. Click the gear icon .
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click Filters and Blocked Addresses and scroll to the bottom and remove/delete blocked sender.

D.If this does not fix the issue: Please remove another account if it is added to your account:

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings .
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Accounts and Import tab.
  5. In the "Grant access to your account" section, click Delete next to the account you want to remove.

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And if you can take a second to rate my service(click stars at the top of the screen and click Submit), that would be greatly appreciated. You can continue working with me even after rating.

Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist