Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Hallo Sir my problem is i have a google account email that i

Customer Question
cant get into at the...
Hallo Sir my problem is i have a google account email that i cant get into at the moment and I have had to make new one but the reason why i cant get into it because i was with dodo phone company but left them before i asked them to tranfere my last mobile number across to telstra and on my old email address is a 2 step verification code security code system so unless i can give you a new phone number so you can send a code to it so i can get into my old email account because it is still active then i will never get into it ever again
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
7/8/2016
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is possible that your old Google account will not be retrievable. You may have to simply abandon it.

Do I understand you correctly, though, when you say that you cannot do the two-step verification process, owing to having switched phone providers?

But if you have your old phone number still, the Google account recovery process is linked to the number, not the phone service provider. Try it, see if it works.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot use phone number it has been stopped but i have a new one where i could get a code to get into my old email addree
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Address
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My new phone number is(###) ###-####

If you don't have access to the Google account in the first place, you cannot change its preferences or settings for 2-step authentication, nor for the phone # ***** password ***** info is sent to.

You have no choice but to admit that you cannot access the old account, I'm sorry to say.

(In case another Expert has a different opinion, I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts.)

Email technician: michelleclive, Email replied 1 year ago
michelleclive

Please ignore this post it was posted accidentally.

Email technician: Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I may be able to assist. There are 2 alternatives for bypassing the 2-factor authentication. When you set up the 2-factor authentication, it gives you a list of 10 8-digit numbers that are recovery codes for this type of situation. If you don't have those, you'll need to fill out the Google Recovery Form which should be the final step when you tell Google that you don't have access to any of the recovery items. It will ask for you personal basic information and e-mail addresses, subjects and content of e-mails you've sent on the account to prove it is you. That is the final step for recovery. After that, you'll just have to create a new address with a new Google account.

Did you need any more assistance from me? If you accept my answer, please rate the answer on the stars at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer