Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Getting a sync error message on Gmail. Gmail and Google not

Customer Question

Getting a sync error message on Gmail. Gmail and Google not synced and cannot use apps or receive email messages.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

What are you using? A phone, tablet, pc? What is the name/brand of the device?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What app are you using, gmail, iphone mail, andropid mail, outlook etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an Android phone and using a Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am supposed to be sync with Gmail and Yahoo

Okay, so you are using the gmail app from the playstore or google on your phone?

What is the brand/model of phone?

When was the last time it worked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is LG sunset
LTE Android 5.0 Tracfone
Has not worked for about a week. Getting sync error
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a google verification code number. Do you want it?

Lets test to see if your account and password ***** working on phone.

Lets try these two apps,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gm&hl=en

Download and install this app. Its the gmail app. Once installed, open and run the app,

then try to sign into the gmail account through the app.

As for yahoo, you can download and install this app and run the same way as the gmail app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail&hl=en

Let me know if these are successful. These are much more reliable than the built in phone/mail app.

Unless there is a password *****

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to speak to you on the phone. I need help doing this and also want to know what my final charge is. It looks like there are numerous charges for today. Is it possible to speak on the phone. (###) ###-####

I will be more than happy to help you with the phone support, but there is a charge required. Otherwise,

we can continue with written support.