Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Just changed over to outlook 365 email, using apple mail on

Customer Question

just changed over to outlook 365 email, using apple mail on my iMac and get constant downloading of 2,000 emails even though they are not really new.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: since transfer from exchange to 365 - couple of weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried deleting account and reloading email. originally it was just downloading 600 or so emails constantly, now it is up to 2,000 odd
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Do you have the same email account connected to any other device or computer?

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
written support. Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely. I have it connected to my iPhone and to my mac book air. The email works fine on the mac book and the iPhone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you working on this or are you unable to help?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im here.. It takes time to receive your reply, read it, and then formulate & write my reply to you in turn. You did ask for written support yes?

If so, please be patient.. As written support is by its very nature, slower. And each time you send a new reply I have to stop typing, read what you had to say, and then switch back over to continue typing.

With that being said.. When you added the exchange account, did you add it using auto discovery in mac mail. Or did you manually set up the exchange account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did an auto discovery.